All effective organizations utilize teamwork to sustain excellence and enthusiasm. Yet teams can create complexity and confusion if not well managed. This program explores the essential elements of effective teams and how to build and sustain them. Techniques for maximizing cooperation and communication within and among teams are provided. Current research findings on the traits of successful organizations are discussed.
The topics include:
- Types of teams
- Considerations in choosing team members
- Stages of team development
- How teams go astray and what to do about it
- Giving feedback: effective strategies
- Three keys to effective organizations